Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 527: Happy 28th Birthday!!

Yesterday, 527 days from our first date, Paul spoiled me for my 28th birthday!! 
It was a fantastic weekend leading up to an awesome Monday!! 
I took the day off work and got a pampering pedicure and then we topped off the 
day with dinner at Bess Bistro (www.bessbistro.com). 
This is Sandra Bullock's Austin restaurant and may very well be my new favorite place to eat!!




 I got the jambalaya with crispy eggplant and Paul got bacon wrapped meatloaf.
Both were excellent and there are several other menu items I can't wait to try!!



The atmosphere in this place was so fun! 
Sandy knows what she's doing (so I don't really know her and thus 
shouldn't really feel comfortable calling her Sandy 
but the waiter did it so I'm gonna follow suit). 



And then they brought this....a brownie sitting atop raspberry and chocolate sauces,
paired with a scoop of cheesecake ice cream that was placed on top of slivered almonds
and garnished with fresh raspberries. This was totally worth the calories!! 
Clearly we didn't like it at all...and yes, I made a wish but I'm not telling what it was!


Since Paul was in the Navy once upon a time, I asked him for a Navy shirt a while back. 
It was one of my very sweet gifts from him--and one for himself, too!

We can't believe what the Lord has done in us and through us in 527 days! 
It's amazing to think what the next day might bring...or the next month...or the next 527 days!!

This is the day that the Lord hath made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Man's days are determined;
you have decreed the number of his months 
and have set limits he cannot exceed.
Job 14:5

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23:6


No comments:

Post a Comment