Saturday, March 12, 2011

Missing in Action and Our 1st Anniversary!!

I can't believe it has been over a month since I had some dedicated time to sit and write. While being a nanny was a challenging job in some ways, it also had a lot of perks that a "regular" job does not....I am finding this transition back into the "real world" to be much harder than anticipated. Just finding time to get chores done feels like rocket science...which is why I'm not too annoyed that the Lord has me up this morning-a Saturday morning-at the same time I would normally be getting ready for work. It's this pocket of time He carved out for me to do something I love: write. Thank you Lord!!

Our first anniversary is tomorrow!! WOW! That is crazy...wonderful, but crazy!! Last year at 7:30 on Saturday morning I was driving to the church to have my seven closest girlfriends and my family get me dressed for an event I will never forget. Last year at 7:30 on Saturday morning I was making sure all my necessities were in my bag, double checking that I had extra copies of the music just in case, and was running on pure adrenaline! This year just before 7:30 I was snuggled in bed next to my best friend. This year just before 7:30 I rolled over and said "I have to get up, I'm starving" and heard "ok, I love you!" It's interesting isn't it...when we are hoping to receive a gift from the Lord, a year feels like an eternity. But, when we have received that gift from the Lord, a year feels like only a second!

We've fit a lot of fun into what feels like a second. A wedding, a honeymoon in Maui, moving to a new apartment, a couple of 'Nights of Praise' at church, bible study fun, weekly date nights (playing games at Starbucks is my favorite), a birthday for each of us, Gaither Homecoming Tour Concert, countless movies (I have seen more movies at the theater since I met Paul than in the last 3 years combined), seasons 1-8 of Friends, seasons 1-3 of The Simpsons (I'm soooo not holding up my and of the bargain), and more laughs than could ever be counted. Don't get me wrong, we've had tears, frustrations, heated discussions and hurt feelings too. And while this is definitely my fairy tale come true, I think there was some creative editing done to Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White ;-). But it's in these trying situations that we get closer to the Lord and thus closer to one another--which makes the good times that much better!!

Our pastor was recently doing a sermon on love in which he stated "Marriage is not about finding someone you can live with. It's about finding the one you can't live without." I think that about sums it up! Here's to many more years of not being able to live without one another!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    Beautiful post! I loved your comparison about the Saturday mornings - what an amazing year! Also you gave a very sweet comment to conclude with.

    We've been thinking about you guys and are glad to hear newlywed life is going so well. We'll be celebrating our first anniversary next month too.

    Love Jean and Aaron

    ReplyDelete