Sunday, February 23, 2020

Walk...

This picture....my four chicks in IKEA. My four chicks all walking through IKEA. As I watched the baby walk to catch up with her sisters I was struck with such awe of all that God has done. 


Yes, the other IKEA shoppers saw a mom with four kinda crazy kids playing pretend in all the rooms. But that mom saw miracles, emotions, healing, and victory. It wasn't that long ago that taking four kiddos to the winding, labyrinth of IKEA would have been too much. And having no one strapped into anything would have sent my anxiety over the edge. 

But on this day, our IKEA adventure was a sign of the healing God has done. Oh, there is still more work to do but so much has been done. 

I have a note in my bible next to Isaiah 40:30-31. The passage reads:

Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up on the wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.

The note I have written next to it says We aren't always called to soar--sometimes JUST walk! I have pretty high standards for myself and I really want to soar everyday!! Which I can't do on my own. But the really pivotal point in these verses above is that even when I wait on the Lord, sometimes he has me walk while ensuring I don't faint. It's saying that no matter the season, God is working.   

This picture. 
Sometimes we just walk. 
Sometimes through IKEA. 
Sometimes through a tough season. 
Sometimes we just walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment